This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it safe and secure and your rights and choices in relation to your information.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we ?
LearnTec is a trading name of Significant Bit Ltd. Significant Bit Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales our Company Registration No. 06710200. Our Registered Offices are:
What information do we collect?
When you enrol a student on a live course with LearnTec we collect the following information via email:
- Parent/Guardian name, Parent/Guardian email, Student Name, Student Age, Students Special Educational Needs (SEN), Skype contact.
- When you are attend a live online course the following information is collected via the Virtual Classroom (E-lecta):
- IP Address, homework/assignment submissions, attendance information, lesson recordings, assignment marks/grades.
- If you have a self-paced course on the Thinkific Platform, we keep any data you fill in yourself which could include: Name, email. Any assignements you submit are also kept on the Thinkific Platform as you complete the course, as your progress through the course and any quizzes you complete.
- For self-paced courses on the Thinkific Platform, any personal data you enter (for example Name, Email, Address) is kept for the duration that you keep the account open.
When you pay for access to our services, we may collect payment information that you provide, such as bank account information and other information necessary to transfer funds.
When you interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter we may obtain information about you (for example, when you publicly tag us in post). The information we receive will depend on the privacy preferences you have set on those types of platforms.
How do we use personal information?
We may use your information for a number of different purposes, which include:
- providing you with the services, products or information you sign up for
- account setup for the Virtual Classroom (E-Lecta) or Zoom
- providing live lessons
- providing tutoring support via email, Zoom sessions
- sending you communications which you have requested
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
Data protection law requires us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. We consider the following grounds to be relevant:
Where you have provided specific consent to us using your personal information in a certain way, such as to send you email, text and/or telephone marketing.
Performance of a contract
Where we are entering into a contract with you or performing our obligations under it such as when you buy LearnTec products and services.
The personal details of students and their parent/guardian is collected and used for the following reasons:
- To support student learning
- To monitor and report on student progress
- To assess the quality of our service
- To safeguard students
When we legitimately process your personal information in this way, we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. We will not use your personal information where our interests are overridden by the impact on you, for example, where use would be excessively intrusive (unless, for instance, we are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
When we use sensitive personal information, we require an additional legal basis to do so under data protection laws, so will either do so on the basis of your explicit consent.
When do we share personal data?
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties. We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. We will never share your information without your consent.
Where do we store and process personal data?
The live online lessons are provided by eLecta Live,student name, and parent/guardian email address are used when creating an account for accessing the online virtual classroom. The lesson recordings, homework submissions, and quizzes are all stored on the eLecta Live website. eLecta Live has data centres in Europe and the US.
The enrolment information provided is stored securely on our own computers.
How do we secure personal data?
When you are enrolled on eLecta Live, we will ask you to choose a password which enables you to access the Online Courses and Content. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
eLecta Live provides learning content and student database are secured and kept confidentially. Additional information about eLecta is available from their website: https://www.e-lecta.com/aboutelecta.asp
The enrolment information provided is stored securely on our own computers, and protected using passwords.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep personal information we collect from you for as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide live lessons or tutoring or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your rights in relation to personal data
Under data protection you have certain rights over the personal information that we hold about you.
You have the right to:
- Be informed about how we uses your personal data.
- Request access to the personal data that we hold.
- Request that your personal data is amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- Request that the processing of your data is restricted.
- Object to your personal data being processed.
Where the processing of your data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email us at email@example.com
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you can raise a concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted on 0303 123 1113, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
Linking to other websites / third party content
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
By continuing to access our website, using the Live lessons and accessing the online courses and content or providing content in connection with the courses and content, your access and use will be subject to these updates and amendments.